Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Narrative Poem with Rhyme:

We Have Conversations With Our Selves



I stepped out the door
of that blinding, silver jet
kiss perfection goodbye,
welcome regret

I only wanted their praise
Make them proud, feel supported
I wanted their tender hearts
I’m so sorry very sorry family your lives were aborted

It’s so puzzling
And uncomfortably quiet out here
We shiver silently by night
On our toes when dawn’s near

I often question myself
Wonder why I enlisted
To have sanity ripped harshly
My reality set drifted

I see killings
And killings and deaths of my friends
If there’s one thing I’ve learned
Don’t make friends, now pretend

Pretend that you’re not thinking
God, what if I’m choosen next
Though, leave my body and my troubles
Sore, the sky’s mine, perplexed

But that would mean leaving them
It’s against my morals
I’ll stay alive, 'cause I love them
It can't be a death quarrel

Now I’m certain,
For sure
Don't worry, no debate
No light in the tunnel, no open gate 

2 comments:

  1. dear julia: i love you so much. i wrote about you in my blog, i hope that's okay. your sad words, the way you make it seem like you are speaking the truth are beautiful. you have a very simple and delicate voice, but that doesn't mean that you are a simple writer. you have big ideas and depressing ideas, and the fact that the are so flowy make it easier for readers to interpret. i love you so much. check out my blog where i wrote about your geniusness. lostinreading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete