Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Poem About an Incident: Shoot


They left me in the rain
miles,
but minutes away
and I felt that wave
that rush:
fear.
I moved gracefully, floated to the window’s ledge
I watched as their shadows grew small
until all was still
and the streetlamp flickered.
But, They came, They ruined it

I thought they’d continue past me
I sat frozen
even my eyes quivered
They walked with a revolver,
sneer on their faces
their faces said hate
and I knew they weren’t leaving

I was right

The chimes jangled as they walked through the door
and here’s were it really blurs
I remember hiding,
shaking
from the steel in their hands
and that feeling of having no body
no one to save me.
panic

I blinked and I was gone
home,
real home.
It wasn’t real
not real
but I couldn’t help the shivering.

No comments:

Post a Comment